First Aid at Work - Level 3 award (RQF)
The aim and objectives of this course are to support you in becoming an qualified first aider in the workplace.
It meets your health professions bodys’ requirements for First aid in the healthcare setting.
It also meets the HSE requirements for full first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
What will I learn?
On this interactive 3-day practical course you wil learn:
- The roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- How to assess an incident
- The recovery position
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- Chest injuries
- CPR and the use of an AED
- Spinal injuries
- Anaphylaxis and Auto-injectors
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with life threatening bleeding and shock
- and more…
How long is it valid?
In line with guidance from the HSE, the qualification approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years.
It is highly recommended by most professioanl associations that you refresh your knowledge annually.
Will I be tested?
Yes you will be assessed in 2 ways:
- Practical assessment – you must demonstrate the practical first aid skills taught, CPR etc. and assessed by the tutor
- Multichoise paper – you must answer 30 multiple-choice questions and get more than 21 out of 30 right.
This course is valid for
Note: Not all professional associations accept this as CPD, some expect this as part of best practice.
Do I get a certificate?
You will receive a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) upon successfully completing the course.
We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
This is fully recognised by ALL healthcare professional associations and regulators.