The aim and objectives of this course are to support you in becoming an qualified emergency paediatric first aider in the workplace.
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to gain the knowledge and skills required to enable them to provide effective emergency paediatric first aid.
It is intended for learners such as parents and relatives, pre-school or nursery staff, toddler group volunteers, childminders and nannies, au pairs and foster parents, or anyone who has to deliver ﬁrst aid as part of their role in either childcare settings or a domestic environment.
What will I learn?
On this interactive 1-day practical course you wil learn how to administer first aid to a child or infant and cover the following:
- The roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- First aid in my school / nursery / home
- How to assess an incident
- The recovery position
- Recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- CPR and the use of an AED
- Anaphylaxis and Auto-injectors
- Providing first aid to an infant or child who is choking
- Dealing with life threatening bleeding and shock
- How to treat minor injuries
How long is it valid?
In line with guidance from the HSE, the qualification approves work place first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point you will need to retake the course.
It is highly recommended by most professioanl associations that you refresh your knowledge annually.
Will I be tested?
Yes you will be assessed in 2 ways:
- Practical assessment – you must demonstrate the practical first aid skills taught, CPR etc. and assessed by the tutor
- Theory assessment – you must answer 15 multiple-choice questions and get more than 70% right, 11/15.
This course is valid for
Note: Not all professional associations accept this as CPD, some expect this as part of best practice.
Do I get a certificate?
You will receive a Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid at Work (RQF) upon successfully completing the course.
We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.
This is fully recognised by all schools, nurseries and local educational authoraties.