Award in planning and delivering training
This course has been uniquely designed to be taken alongside our face to face course.
This course provides you, the learner, with the skills and knowledge required to design and deliver effective training sessions.
The course covers the fundamentals of training design, adult learning principles, delivery methods, and assessment techniques.
You will gain practical experience by developing and delivering your own training session.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of effective training design
- Apply adult learning principles to training sessions
- Use a range of training delivery methods
- Develop and deliver a training session
- Evaluate training sessions and make improvements
You will have learned:
- How to plan and deliver training
- Effective delivery of training
- How to develop planning, preparation and delivery skills
- The differences in how people learn and the features of inclusive teaching
- The strengths and weaknesses of different learning approaches
- The importance of embedding life skills
- How to matchi teaching methods to candidates needs
- How to establish ground rules
- How to Identify and organise venues
You will learn how to develop and deliver a timed session involving:
- Writing a lesson plan including aims and outcomes
- Structuring the session
- Planning assessment
- Using appropriate materials and techniques
- Delivering a 20 minute session
- Providing and receiving feedback
- Reviewing effectiveness of your session
- Identifying areas of improvement
The focus of this qualification is on the effective delivery of training, allowing you to develop planning, preparation and delivery skills, including delivery methods, questioning techniques and time management.
Improved training skills; You will learn effective ways to design, deliver, and evaluate training sessions that are engaging and informative for your participants.
Enhanced employability; With this level 3 qualification, you can stand out as a qualified trainer, increasing your chances of work in the training and development industry.
Increased confidence: The course will help you develop the confidence and ability to deliver training sessions that are engaging, informative, and impactful.
Professional development: The course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to develop training programs, that meet the needs of your learners and organisation.
Personal satisfaction: Completing this training course will give you a sense of personal achievement and fulfillment.
It's valid for
Its a level
It's valid for
This qualification is a good starting point for people who want to become trainers. It’s ideal for those who will use prepared training materials to teach people at work, rather than those who want to become professional teachers.
The course is practical and helpful for beginners and experienced trainers, whether they work inside or outside a company.
You don’t need formal qualifications to join the course, but you should be able to read and write at a basic level.
If you’ve worked in a training-related role or have experience in teaching, it will help you.
The course will be assessed through a combination of practical assignments and a written self evaluation report.
As a learner, you must practically demonstrate the delivery of either 1 or 2 microteaching session(s) totalling 20 to 30 minutes which demonstrates suitable level of achievement against each assessment criteria.
You must also produce a simple timed lesson plan which should accompany the assessment pack.
The self-evaluation report should be written by the you and be submitted with the assessment pack.
The course is typically delivered over 2 days, depending on your mode of study and your pace as a learner. 1 day is usually needed for the online element.
The total qualification time for this qualification is 15 hours and of this 12 are recommended as guided learning hours.
You will receive a Highfield Level 3 Award in Delivering Training (RQF) upon successfully completing the course. We send you a hard copy by post, and an e-certificate electronically for your files.